Guide to Products Conforming to International Standards
CCC＝China Compulsory Certification
|What are CCC Standards?
Upon joining the World Trade Organization (WTO), China revised its previous certification system and the China Compulsory Certification (CCC) system was announced by the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) and the Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People’s Republic of China (CNCA).
Integrating the prior dual certificate systems, the system was established according to international norms.
Since August 1, 2003, products not certified under the system have been banned from importation or sale in China.
Applicable standards are the GB standards, meaning Chinese “National Standards” (electricity-related standards are issued based on International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards).
Relevant products must bear the CCC mark.
|Products Subject to CCC
■List of Products for Implementation of Chinese Compulsory Certification System
The following 20 kinds of products (161 items) are included in the List of products subject to the Chinese Compulsory Certification system:（As of 2018）
- Electrical wires and cables (4 items）
- Circuit switches, electric devices for protection or connection (6 items)
- Low-voltage Electrical Apparatus (9 items)
- Low power motors (1 item)
- Electric tools (16 items)
- Welding machines (15 items)
- Household and similar electrical appliances (19 items)
- Audio and video apparatus (12 items)
- Information technology equipments (11 items)
- Lighting apparatus (2 items) (not including the lighting apparatus with the voltage lower than 36V)
- Safety Parts and Accessories of Vehicles and Motorcycles (17 items)
- Tires（3 items)
- Safety Glasses (3 items)
- Agricultural Machinery (2 items)
- Telecommunication Terminal equipment (9 items)
- Fire Fighting Equipment (15 items)
- Safety Protection Products (5 items)
- Wireless LAN products (1 item)
- Home Decor and Remodeling Products (3 items)
- Toy Products (8 items)
|Scope of Administration
A product administered under the Chinese Compulsory Certification system is required to bear the CCC mark when imported or sold in China. The mark is not required for components of a product. This means that if a product otherwise subject to the requirement is imported to or sold in China as a component of another product (device), the CCC mark is not required. The mark is required only when a product is imported to or sold in China as a separate item