Guide to Products Conforming to International Standards
CCC＝China Compulsory Certification
|What are CCC Standards?
Upon joining the World Trade Organization (WTO), China revised its previous certification system and the new China Compulsory Certification (CCC) system was announced by the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) and the Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People’s Republic of China (CNCA).
Integrating the prior dual certificate systems, the new system was established according to international norms.
Since August 1, 2003, products not certified under the new system have been banned from importation or sale in China.
Applicable standards are the GB standards, meaning Chinese “National Standards” (electricity-related standards are issued based on International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards).
Relevant products must bear the CCC mark.
|Products Subject to CCC
■First List of Products for Implementation of Chinese Compulsory Certification System
The following 22 kinds of products (159 items) are included in the First List of products subject to the new Chinese Compulsory Certification system:
- Electrical wires and cables (5 items)
- Switches for circuits, installation protective and connection devices (6 items)
- Low-voltage electrical apparatus (9 items)
- Small power motors (1 item)
- Electric tools (16 items)
- Welding machines (15 items)
- Household and similar electrical appliances (18 items)
- Audio and video apparatus (16 items)
(not including TV, audio equipment at the level of radio broadcasting and car audio systems)
- Information technology equipment (12 items)
- Lighting apparatus (2 items) (not including lighting apparatus with voltage less than 36V)
- Telecommunications terminal equipment (9 items)
- Motor vehicles and supplement safety parts (17 items)
- Motor vehicle tires (3 items)
- Safety glass (3 items)
- Agricultural machinery (2 items)
- Latex products (1 item)
- Medical devices (7 items)
- Fire fighting equipment (3 items)
- Safety technology: detectors for intruder alarm systems (4 items)
- Interior decoration products (3 items)
- Toys (6 items)
- Wireless systems and software (1 item)
|Scope of Administration
A product administered under the new Chinese Compulsory Certification system is required to bear the CCC mark when imported or sold in China. The mark is not required for components of a product. This means that if a product otherwise subject to the requirement is imported to or sold in China as a component of another product (device), the CCC mark is not required. The mark is required only when a product is imported to or sold in China as a separate item